Dunedin Public Library

Welcome to the Dunedin Public Library’s digital archive. Our collection includes photographs, documents, news and memorabilia pertaining to the City of Dunedin’s history, people and culture.

Pages

Aero Photo Dunedin Library CA3415
Aerial (front) view of the demolition of the old library building at Douglas Plaza. This photograph also shows some of the surrounding neighborhood and includes the Foodway market.
Aero Photo Dunedin Library CA3656
Aerial (front) view of partially completed new construction. This photographs shows building and roof structures, plantings and trees, and some of the surrounding neighborhood and the Foodway market.
Aero Photo Dunedin Library CA4084
Aerial (front) view of nearly completed new construction. This photographs shows building and roof structures, plantings and trees, and some of the surrounding neighborhood and the Foodway market.
Aero Photo Dunedin Library CA4513
Aerial (front) view of completed new construction. This photographs shows building and roof structures, plantings and trees, parking lots and some of the surrounding neighborhood including the Foodway market.
Andrews Church
Originally located at Scotland St and Highland Avenue, this church was built in 1888. In 1926, it was renamed “Andrews Memorial Chapel” and in 1970, it was moved to Hammock Park., Florida-style Carpenter Gothic; Built in 1888.
Bluebird Cafe
Soda Fountain parlor south of Peebles building, Formerly Dixie Cafe
Brief History of Dunedin, Florida 1965
Brief History of Dunedin and the origins of the city.
C.H. Gilchrist Store
Rebuilt Gilchrist store. The original store, located at the Dunedin Marina burned down. The new store was located at Main Street and Railroad Avenue and was build in 1903., Replaced original Douglas and Somerville store on Main Street in Edgewater Park, which burned in 1903.
Campfire Girls
Cut down postcard photo of Campfire Girls during an Indian campout in 1917., Dunedin Elementary School in background.
City Park Water Fountain
Postcard of visitors trying Dunedin’s perfect water from the water fountain in Edgewater Park.
Construction of the New Building
Where the current staff offices are located in the new building.
Couple on Victoria Drive
A couple walks hand in hand down Victoria Drive. Postcard.
Crescent Club
Photo of Crescent Club girls taken in the 1890s; the club was a young girls’ organization where the girls would read, go camping, and hold picnics., Taken in front of the Skinner home on Victoria Drive.
Demoltion
Demolition before the new building.
Demoltion
Demolition before the new building.
Dunedin Club House
Postcard of Yacht Club Inn, originally Arcadia house, built in 1885. Destroyed by fire in 1984., SW Corner of Broadway and Monroe.
Dunedin Dock
Postcard of the Dunedin Dock; supplies arrived at the dock before the railroad was built, and it was the main stop from Cedar Key to Key West; later, it was a fishing and sailing center for the community., Man rowing in boat is in a full suit.
Dunedin Fire Department
American La France fire truck on west side of Broadway south of Main Street; left to right: Rhada Chalk, Fire Chief Henry Houghton, volunteer firemen Pirkle and Becker., West of Broadway, south of Main.
Dunedin Library Library Construction Parking Lot
The demolition view from the parking lot.
Dunedin Loves a Parade!
Beginning of baseball season in a 1950s parade, Main Street Dunedin, 1950's

Pages